Stocking ideas for "gift" tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My LFS ordered them for me. Charged me $1.75 apiece! Way cheaper than online. I'm already having visions of a cave setup full of these guys.

Stocking ideas for "gift" tank

A green phantom pleco would look cool in that tank...

Love the blind tetras!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've got a black bristlenose Pleco in there. Wouldn't make for a very good picture with the black gravel.

If it is 20+ Vampire shrimp and a striped peacock eel.If it is 75+ then get a Black Ghost Knife Fish ( it would really fit in).

Black neons could be cool. Or go larger and get either a vampire pleco or vampire tetra.

Though I'm more a fan of the natural look something like that could be kind of cool. Just different than anything you have. Kuhli loaches would look pretty neat slithering out of a skull's eye socket.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
All AWESOME or you can go for a black molly if you-re going for something a lot simpler. Loaches would look great slithering out of an eye socket or maybe a black half moon betta with those beautiful flowing fins and black ghost knives are amazing.

If it is 20+ Vampire shrimp and a striped peacock eel.If it is 75+ then get a Black Ghost Knife Fish ( it would really fit in).

He's already stocked it and a peacock eel doesn't belong in a 20 gallon tank.

I appreciate all the suggestions. I have stocked it, but I am moving 3/4 of the fish out of it next week, which will leave me with 6 cave tetras, 3 kuhli loaches, and a bristlenose pleco. I'm thinking if I do anything, it'll be adding more of the cave tetras. Unless that is, I can get a suggestion for a creepy fish that would go with what I have in a 29 gallon.

Too bad needlefish get so big, they're pretty creepy.
I don't know much about invert compatability but what about ghost shrimp?

Might not be a bad idea. Probably have to get a few and see how they do with the tetras. With them being blind, they seem to accidentally bite other fish every now and then when they're trying to find food. Nothing severe, but could probably do some damage to a shrimp.

I appreciate all the suggestions. I have stocked it, but I am moving 3/4 of the fish out of it next week, which will leave me with 6 cave tetras, 3 kuhli loaches, and a bristlenose pleco. I'm thinking if I do anything, it'll be adding more of the cave tetras. Unless that is, I can get a suggestion for a creepy fish that would go with what I have in a 29 gallon.

Up that number of kuhlis (y)

There were supposed to be more. Had some DOAs when I ordered them. I'm waiting for the replacements to arrive.

I don't know the tank size they require, but I know they need to be kept in a shoal. Glass catfish could look kind of cool.

That's a good idea! I've seen them before but didn't even think about them when I set the tank up. I know my LFS has them.

I highly recommend them! I've always liked "oddball" fish, and they definitely fit that description. I can't wait to get 5 or 6 more and really have a good school of them.

Back
Top Bottom