Stocking ideas on 29G Tall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
School of cherry barbs and some corydora sterbai and maybe a school of serpae tetras and maybe a ram cichlid?

That's not a bad idea but I was thinking something like this since I already have the bristlenose Pleco. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431696223.140920.jpg

You can bump up the number of tiger barbs and add a dogo loach and maybe some kuhli loaches

You can bump up the number of tiger barbs and add a dogo loach and maybe some kuhli loaches

Dojo doesn't belong in a 29g my adult is tipping 7 inches long. 4ft tank minimum IMO. Kuhli would be fine.

Keep in mind most Rams like temps around 80 degrees. If you want a ram base your stocking around their temp scale.

Caleb

Dojo doesn't belong in a 29g my adult is tipping 7 inches long. 4ft tank minimum IMO. Kuhli would be fine.

Keep in mind most Rams like temps around 80 degrees. If you want a ram base your stocking around their temp scale.

Caleb

Lol I was actually really hoping you made a comment on the loach idea. But what do you think of my original idea? You think tiger barbs will be nippy?

Lol I was actually really hoping you made a comment on the loach idea. But what do you think of my original idea? You think tiger barbs will be nippy?

Yeah, I would not mix Tigers with a cichlid. Maybe it'll work, but I suspect that your cichlid will get nipped. Tigers really restrict what you can put into a tank.

Loaches are something of an exception. A shoal of 6 Kuhli Loaches would work. A shoal of 10 Dwarf Chain Loaches may or may not work. They don't stay out of the way like Kuhlis, so I don't know how the Tigers will respond to them. You might want to consider Cherry Barbs instead. A shoal of 8 or so will probably not pose nipping issues.

Yeah, I would not mix Tigers with a cichlid. Maybe it'll work, but I suspect that your cichlid will get nipped. Tigers really restrict what you can put into a tank.

Loaches are something of an exception. A shoal of 6 Kuhli Loaches would work. A shoal of 10 Dwarf Chain Loaches may or may not work. They don't stay out of the way like Kuhlis, so I don't know how the Tigers will respond to them. You might want to consider Cherry Barbs instead. A shoal of 8 or so will probably not pose nipping issues.

Yeah when you think of tigers put a big NO next to any long finned fish. They would leave loaches alone IMO.

Kuhli/ dwarf chain will be fine with a big enough school.

Try cherry/Odessa barbs.

Caleb

I'd go with different barbs like cherries or Denison both are active and awesome fish as well as being much more community friendly.
Other wise stocking should be fine

So it turns out I made a mistake and it actually is a 26 bowfront? Should I change the stock completely or do you guys think I'll be able to run it the way it is. I have a marineland emperor 280 on it and can provide more filtration if needed.

Update, I have zebra danios now since that's what I started my cycle with and I originally changed my whole stocking idea to this ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434488190.307928.jpg
I also am going to turn this into a planted tank and I have like 157% filtration on it so that's not a problem

Back
Top Bottom