Stocking my 30 gallon aquarium,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

btfishguy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
:fish:wave: hello so I have a 30 gallon aquarium. It's cycled and I'm ready for some new pet fish :)
Right now I have
-5 golden mountain clouds
-4 neon tetras I have had then a while! And I don't really want more neons :ermm:
Oh and I have 1 corydoras catfish..... Yes I know that they are schoolers and I am going to get some more but I need help with picking some new fish.!! I like to have different kinds of fish in my tank, I love the look of it, I am trying to find is fish that will stay more into the lower or midsection of the tank. I like Tetras but they're just so many different kinds and I cannot make up my mind because they're also pretty! But please someone help me make a list of new fish,,,:ROFLMAO:

Oh ya I DONT want to add that I live Bearer-fish like guppies Molly plates or swordtails thanks everyone :thanks:

I would first go ahead and up your schools. Adding other fish before correcting that problem could lead to a lot of unnecessary stress.

Are you looking to make another school of fish or are you wanting more independent fish? I wouldn't really say apistos are large, they top out at 3 inches...

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

I would first go ahead and up your schools. Adding other fish before correcting that problem could lead to a lot of unnecessary stress.

Are you looking to make another school of fish or are you wanting more independent fish? I wouldn't really say apistos are large, they top out at 3 inches...

I kinda want a new school or maybe a few independents

I just remembered something, you have white cloud minnows in there. Apistos and even rams would be a terrible idea considering you can't be expected to meet their hearing requirement. Have you looked into gourami? You could add 1 as your centerpiece, dwarves, honey and thick lip come to mind. As for another schooler there isn't too much else you'd want for the bottom, I'm not sure if 30g with a school of corys is rough floor space for a school of kuhli loaches and that's the smallest specie that comes to mind. What about a small plecostomus? Pretty sure clowns and bristle nose top out at 4 inches

Back
Top Bottom