Stocking my 36 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

misterpenguin4

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am wondering what else I should stock my 36 gallon with. I have 2 female kribs and I am getting a pair of german blue rams. Im not sure what else I should get. Here is a pic of the tank:

Attachments

• image-1052039963.jpg
    image-1052039963.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 92
You pretty much have a blank slate to work with so check out a website like liveaquaria.com and search their fish and see what you like then post back in this thread and we can try to figure out the best fit and numbers for your tank. Also I think you may have issues having a pair of kribs and a pair of rams in that tank especially when their spawning, but I could be wrong.

Well the kribs are 2 females so they wont get too aggressive and the rams wont get aggressive either when they spawn.

I just looked on liveaquaria and I think a couple bumble bee gobies or glass catfish would be cool. Also could I keep a angel fish in here? I use conditioned tap water.

Yeah I use conditioned water out of my garden hose and I keep angels so you will definitely be fine. Ph is something that the fish can adapt to as long as the water quality in the tank is good.:)

Bumblebee gobies are brackish water fish so probably wouldn't work well, they're also pretty territorially aggressive. An angel would work though, I love mine

Well there is a bumble bee goby that does well in freshwater and how about glass catfish?

I dont think small defenseless fish like tetras would do well with kribs or rams. Also does anyone know where I can get some bumblebee gobys? I want 4. I saw some on aquabid but they were a bit pricey.

Do you think the kribs, GBR, or the bumblebee goby would bother amano shrimp?

id be careful with the gobys. most petstores carry both golden banded gobys and bumblebees and sell them as the same fish, and they are very hard to tell apart if you dont know what youre looking for. both species are brackish, one just does better in fresh than the other. they are also very hard to feed in a community tank because they are ambush predators and they tend to miss all the food eaten by other more fast eating fish.

Back
Top Bottom