Stocking my 55 gallon amazon biotope

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay...stocking update:

6 cardinal tetras
6 Bleeding Heart Tetras
4 Silver Hatchetfish
4 Peppered Cory catfish
3 Otocinclus

Just need to get a few more hatchets and a few more Cory's, then the centerpiece fish, I'm thinking a trio (1 male and 2 females) of Bolivian Rams, probably next month, as the next thing I plan to add at the moments is a little more greenery (a few more bunches of Elodea, a few bunches of Cabomba, and a few more Amazon Swords) next week. Will try to post pics when all is said and done.

On an interesting side note, my cory's will eat algae wafers, and, oddly, my oto's nibble at shrimp pellets.

The stock sounds good. Keep an eye on the rams. Every once in awhile you find a more aggressive one, but in a 55g, that shouldn't be an issue. Remember that Bolvians can be very hard to sex when they are young. Personally, I would actually suggest trying to get 2 male rams and just 1 female of possible.

Just added a pair of Bolivian rams, my LFS had an "after Christmas" sale and I got them for $3 less than normal, only had 2 in stock, and, luckily, by the looks of it, they're male and female. No pics of the whole tank for now, as I'm still looking for plants (LFS doesn't stock them in winter), but here's a pic of my male Bolivian Ram to hold you over for a while...he's colored up a bit now, with really bright red on the fins and orange on the shoulder. The female, unfortunately, is a little bit camera shy...

Attachments

• 101_1076.jpg
    101_1076.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 84
Updated pic of my male Bolivian Ram, even caught a bit of the female in the pic, but like I said, she's camera shy...

Attachments

• 101_1092.jpg
    101_1092.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 82
Great pictures! That is beautiful color! Some Bolivians stay pretty dull thier whole lives, but those guys look amazing. :)

Well, here's a pic of it as it stands now, still looking for a good driftwood centerpiece and a few more plants (and waiting on my new lighting rig), plus a pic of my mystery Oto (it's definitely not O. Affinis, any guesses?) and some cory eggs I found this morning.

Attachments

• 101_1096.jpg
    101_1096.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 101_1099.jpg
    101_1099.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 79
  • 101_1093.jpg
    101_1093.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 69
Back
Top Bottom