Stocking my 75 Gallon FW Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nortzy21

Aquarium Advice Activist
I currently have a 75 gallon tank filtered by a tetra whisper 60 and a Zoo med 501 turtle filter. I have much more room for stocking fish so here's my list.....

Current Fish List:

3x Tiger Barb

3x Buenos Aires Tetra

1x Chinese Algae Eater

1x Rosy Red Minnow

Heres what I'm looking to add:

8x Neon Tetra

5x Zebra Danio

5x Turquoise Danio

3-5x Peppered Cory

5x Zebra Danio

Maybe 1x Pictus Catfish

I just want to know what you guys think of these lists. ANY thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

I do! Something I've come to appreciate as I've gotten bigger aquariums is that school fish (such as tetras, danios, etc.) look so much nicer in BIG groups. I'd up the numbers in your schools, maybe make them 10+ each as long as it won't overstock you. Also I've heard negative things about chinese algea eaters, maybe do a little research on them. Lastly, minnows are cold water fish (I'm pretty sure) and probably don't fit in with your others. Might rehome him.

Also I've had bad things happen with tigerbarbs picking on my other community fish. They might need a bigger group or watched to make sure they don't pick on other fish

I agree one big school looks much better than two or more small schools. Tiger barbs are fin nippers but if you increase to ten plus they spend there time amongst themselves checking each other out rather than nipping others. Chinese algae eaters are bad news as they get older than try to attach themselves to the flanks of other fish which stresses them and can lead to death. As stated the minnow won't like the higher temperature that your other stock require. Corydoras should really be kept in small groups of five plus.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Awhile back I used to have a Chinese Algae Eater in my 10 gallon and I probably had him for 4+ years with no problems. I will just keep my CAE until he starts causing problems then i can move him to one of my many smaller tanks. I will also add 7+ more tiger barbs to the existing school because I definitely agree that a LARGE school will look much cooler.

Back
Top Bottom