Stocking my new 6x2x2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cactuspixie

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've washed the sand, I'm soaking the driftwood, and am starting to get excited!

Some of the stock that is going into the new tank is currently inhabiting my other tanks, but I will up the numbers for the larger tank. I am in no hurry- I want that tank bomb proof before I put a single fish in it (the temptation is going to kill me, I know!)

So this is what I'm thinking so far:

25 ember tetras
25 boraras brigittae
2 SAE
7 dwarf loaches
6 bristle nose
9 pepper cory
9 albino cory
9 sterbas cory

As you can see, I love my bottom dwellers! I'm more interested in compatability and personality than looks as such.

There will be lots of driftwood and rocks, lots of Anubias, swords, crypts, java ferns and moss.

So..... What if anything, do you think I should add to the list. I don't have any boraras yet, but they appeal as a second schooling species. I love love love kuhlis, but I probably have enough bottom dwellers. ??

All input welcome!

That's a fantastic stocking start.

I had a 6 x 2 x 2 and if I ever set it up again I plan to under stock it. Honestly in your position I'd maybe add a few gouramis and see how that looks.

Go for the kuhlis I say! Mine are fascinating to watch and they play nice with all my bottom dwellers.

I have to ask - is that 6 ft long, 2 wide and 2 high? How many gallons is that! Sounds intriguing!!

That's correct- it's about 170 US gallons. I have another one that's been running for a year- and one thing I've learned is that it's almost impossible to take fish out of a tank that size if you change your mind!

6x2x2 is the standard size for a 180g tank. It's a great size.

That's correct- it's about 170 US gallons. I have another one that's been running for a year- and one thing I've learned is that it's almost impossible to take fish out of a tank that size if you change your mind!

AMEN to that! It's rare I can get a fish other than the big angels out of my 220g tank. You learn pretty quickly with a large tank that you best be 100% sure what your putting in is going to work otherwise your usually pretty much screwed.

Back
Top Bottom