Stocking Neon tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would say givin the right filtration and upkeep 10-15 would be just fine but I could be wrong another opinion would be good

You can "fit" them in a 10 gal. They are very active little fish though and they should be in at least a 20 gal long to give them the space they require to swim comfortably. Just my opinion though.

How many neon tetras can I comfortably fit in a ten gallon just out of curiosity
Personally, I would not recommend more than 6-7. They are pretty active and really could use space. IMO, 10 is too many. Not everybody agrees with neons in 10g tanks. I do not own them, so I am not positive about that. I do have enough experience with them to know how active they are though, thats why I would not recommend more than 6-7.

+1^

i would personally not do ANY schoolers except micro ones or maybe green neons are schoolers mean they school meaning they are active meaning they need a larger/longer tank;)

i would say yes if u made a custom 5.5 tank which is 30" long X 6" X 6" deep i recall;)

I was just asking before I decided to buy any I think I'm just going stick with my original plan and just stick with 1 blue cray fish

My tetra's aren't that active. I mean, they casually swim around the bottom, but they don't act any like danios or other more active swimmers.

Reygan2 said:
My tetra's aren't that active. I mean, they casually swim around the bottom, but they don't act any like danios or other more active swimmers.

Ya I've had 3-4 schools of them and notice I've always had em just loitering around lol smallest tank was a 30 biggest was a 55

Back
Top Bottom