stocking opinions wanted!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justrelax

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i am getting ready to finish stocking my tank. would love some opinions as to what y'all would do! right now there's 4 black skirt tetras, a common pleco, an albino bristlnose pleco, and 4 various angels. tonight i'm picking up 3 more black skirts to round off that school. i'm really stuck between finishing up stocking with assorted fancy guppies or boesman's rainbow's... i want to finish stocking while my angels are new and still juvenile's so there are no problems later. i do plan on getting rid (that sounds horrible, of course i mean they will be adopted out) of two of the angels after i figure out who's going to pair up. maybe some shrimp down the road... we'll see.
anyways, please share your thoughts as this is i feel a pretty important decision. i like how well everyone gets along right now, and they're all quite active. i would like to see that maintained with whatever species i introduce last. thanx!!
oh yeah, it's a 55gal. temp. 89.0, pH 8.0. VERY well maintained!

I sure hope you meant to put 79 for temp and not 89 cause if it is u would be having a fish fry tonight :) .... well if it were me i might add some cories or some rainbows would look good ... in the end its up to you and you have to decide on where you have room for fish to swim and what kind of colors and sizes you want .... but have fun picking cause that is the best part in my opinion when you finally decide and get what you want.
HTH

Ray

I would go with the rainbows. The guppies may end up as angel food eventually. Another options is a second school af another type of tetras.

i was afraid i would get that response. i seriously considered another kind of tetra, but it seems most of the brighter colored ones are still in that 1.5 - 2" range like the guppies.
i guess the red tail blue mirror tetra's are kinda cool... what about swordtails? they would probably be o.k., yeah? nice orange and reds there.

Back
Top Bottom