Stocking plans for 20 long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katys

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 20 long with 6 kuhli loaches and 3 pygmy corys (I had 3 more but they died a few months ago and I haven’t had the chance to get more).

I was wondering—I’m wanting to possibly get a few more of each and possibly either some small tetras or a pair of bolivian rams. Is this something I could do and if so, how many of each?

8 x kuhli loaches
6 x pygmy corys
and
2 x bolivian rams
OR
? x ember teras

i would go bolivian rams because i like rams and their coloring and fins but a group of 10-12 embers would also look great. hrm.... this one is really up to you. do you want a more filled and active tank or a bit more "empty" tank with alot of color and some activity?

yeah my problem is that i love the busy look of the tetras but the rams are sooo pretty and they seem fun

Bolivian Rams are neat, but I'd be concerned about a clash between them and the kuhlis, if the rams breed; they like to build their nests in the bottom part of the tank, where the loaches feed. Embers are small. I might go with a school of 11.

Back
Top Bottom