Stocking possibilities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gsdsar

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought a 1.5 gallon tank with a little Whisper Mini and LED lights. I wanted to use it for my Betta, but his fins kept getting sucked up by the filter, so today I bought a bigger tank with a more Betta fin friendly filter.

But now I have this little tank and was wondering if there is anything I can use it for? You can't disconnect the filter it's hardwired in. I can unplug it, but then the lights don't work.

I will eat the cost, but if anyone has any suggestions of fish or anything that won't get sucked into the filter and can live a good life in it that would be great!

Thanks

Unfortunately 1.5 gallons is really too small for any sort of fish. You could however do some nano shrimp.

You could do a small shrimp tank like azmodan said or you could also have some nice snails :D. Malaysian Trumpet Snails are really small and cool to take care of.

Would the shrimp get sucked into the filter? Thats my worry. How about African Dwarf frogs? Can they live in a tank that size?

Shrimp mostly definitely would get sucked in. I'm not very familiar with the particular filter you have but most people just cover the intake tube with a prefilter sponge (or even something like a piece of pantyhose) so shrimp or fry won't get sucked up. 1.5 gallons is unfortunately too small for ADFs.

Look up the walstad method on google. She makes planted shrimp bowls, with no filter, and your tank would be perfect for a shrimp 'bowl'

Back
Top Bottom