Stocking Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuppyLover

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 20 gal tanks with 2 platties, 3 Serpae tetras, 2 angelfish fry (Will move when full grown), and a cory. I was wondering if it would be alright to add a few more fish, and if so how many and what breeds. I recently lost some fish that I started off with, I learned it was overcrowded and want to see if I cant get anything else.

GrimmGoby said:
I think you can, aslong your prepared to move the Angels.

They paired so I am gonna have to. They arent breedable yet though.

GrimmGoby said:
Did you have a fish that you were wanting to put in there? Something you've had your eye on?

Maybe a few corys or neon tetras?I have wanted to put a killi in fhere but I dont think I can, also wanted a shark but cant. Any ideas?

GoneFishing said:
A few more cories would be good. They do better in groups anyway.

Should I go with full sized or sticky to pygmys/dwarfs?

GuppyLover said:
Could I go with bronze and albinos or sticky to pygmys/dwarfs?

I would try to get the same breed, not sure how they interact with different breeds. Plus Pygmys stay small so it would allow for a larger populous.

GoneFishing said:
I would try to get the same breed, not sure how they interact with different breeds. Plus Pygmys stay small so it would allow for a larger populous.

So, if I got pygmys, how many?

What filtration are you running? I believe Pygmys like 4 in a group but if your lacking filtration it could pose an issue in the future.

GoneFishing said:
What filtration are you running? I believe Pygmys like 4 in a group but if your lacking filtration it could pose an issue in the future.

IMO/E groups of 6 or more are the best.

GoneFishing said:

Running a tetra whisper 40.

I have some pygmies and honestly they aren't very cory-like. They do a lot of hovering and are really twitchy. If you want small corys I would go with habrosus/hastatus or even pandas.

jetajockey said:
I have some pygmies and honestly they aren't very cory-like. They do a lot of hovering and are really twitchy. If you want small corys I would go with habrosus/hastatus or even pandas.

He always was a middle swimmer. I adore pandas, I would love to have one. So are we now switching it to 6 corys?

GuppyLover said:
He always was a middle swimmer. I adore pandas, I would love to have one. So are we now switching it to 6 corys?

I know 6 is best but didn't know that applied for all breeds.. you can put your stats in aqadvisor its not 100% accurate but it can help guide you.

GoneFishing said:
I know 6 is best but didn't know that applied for all breeds.. you can put your stats in aqadvisor its not 100% accurate but it can help guide you.

I was trying to avoid that since im on my phone, I should be home in like a hour then I will check it out and let you guys know.

Back
Top Bottom