Stocking Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

codygregg

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am going to get fish tomorrow for my 25gal tank (finally cycled) and I just have one last question. I have been debating what fish to get and done a lot of research, and this is what I came up with.

6 corys
1 platy
2 lyretail mollies (1 silver & 1 creamcicle)

I want to add one or maybe a couple more but my question is, what to add? Or should I add any? I was thinking an angelfish or two (i know they can be aggressive) but has anyone ever kept them in a community? Or does anyone have any suggestions/comments?

I also have a 25 Gallon tank! The mollies should really be in brackish water, that's where they do best. I also wouldn't add any angel fish. IMO the tank is not big enough.

You could do:
6 Cory Cats
1 Platy
10 Neon Tetras
1 Honey Gourami
5 of another schooling fish

Is there another schooling fish you recommend? It's a planted tank if that matters. This is my first community and I just want to make sure I get a combination that looks good and is healthy!

One more question. Does it matter if I got a different kinda of tetra besides neon? And none of my LFS have honey gouramis so what about an opaline or blue and gold gourami? (I guess that's two questions :) )

Is there another schooling fish you recommend? It's a planted tank if that matters. This is my first community and I just want to make sure I get a combination that looks good and is healthy!

Ember Tetras, Cardinal Tetras, Hatchet Fish, Gold Barbs, Cherry Barbs, Zebra Danios, Celestial Pearl Danios are all good options.

One more question. Does it matter if I got a different kinda of tetra besides neon? And none of my LFS have honey gouramis so what about an opaline or blue and gold gourami? (I guess that's two questions :) )

You can choose most other tetras or rasboras.
Opaline would probably work.

Back
Top Bottom