Stocking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jdmLuzon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
here are my stocking on my 65 gallon tall tank..
6 serpae tetra
6 black skirt tetra
5 australian rainbow fish
1 boesemani rainbow fish
2 german blue rams
4 angelfish
1 honey dwarf gourami
1 dwarf gourami
4 ghost shrimp
MY QUESTION IS.....AM I OVERSTOCKED?
please reply
-thanks

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

the general rule is an inch per gallon. I'll let you do the math :)

Not so much around here its not.. cute response though..

Op- I think your stocking looks ok, watch aggression between angels and gourami, also watch nipping with the tetras..
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I wouldn't recommend the 1 inch per gallon rule, as it can be inaccurate with the bioload of different fish. And without using common sense that rule can cause big problems.

A really good website is aqadvisor.com

It is pretty conservative so if you keep up with your water changes and have the right filtration you'll be fine!

-Jacob

Sent from my iPhone A1533 using Aquarium Advice

Agreed with all but first response, stock looks fine bioload-wise.

Only thing I'd caution is that Serpae and Black Skirt Tetras can be fin nippers when kept in small schools. They may try to eat your Angel's fins or your Gourami's feelers. You'd be less likely to have issues if you picked one or the other tetra type and had one large school of 12.

Keep a close eye on your angles and make sure your rams get along well. If they don't bond, you'll have two lonely and lethargic rams!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

thank you everyone...I really appreciate all the comments. thanks for the help and advice

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would not suggest a honey gourami in there. It seems very likely that it will get out-competed for food slowly. I also agree that serpaes can be pretty nippy, so keep an eye on that. I personally do not suggest them in with angels or gouramis because of that, though some people have good enough luck with the combo.

Back
Top Bottom