Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-24-2015, 03:46 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Stocking question

I have a 60 gallon aquarium that currently has:
2 x tinfoil barbs (I don't know how long I want to keep these as I bought them on the advice of the LFS without realizing how big they get... will be getting rid of them sooner or later... though not really sure what to do with them.)
4 x Gourami (Not sure what specific kind but they are all between 1 - 2"
2 x Albino Cory Cat
1 x 5" plecko

I am interested in getting a few more fish... what I want after doing some research is:
1 x Red tail shark or Rainbow shark and,
3 - 5x Boesemani Rainbow fish

According to info I found on another website all of these fish should do well together. Just wondering if anyone has some advice or experience mixing these particular species.

Thanks!

Old 09-25-2015, 05:46 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Yep, you'll need to re-home the Tinfoil Barbs, you could see if your LFS will take them back or you could look for a new home on craigslist. If you have common Pleco, you're going to need to probably find him a new home as well, they can get 12-14" long. That being said, if you can get the Tinfoil Barbs and Pleco moved, the Rainbow Shark and Boesemanis should be fine for your tank.

Old 09-25-2015, 07:03 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tartarsauce View Post
Yep, you'll need to re-home the Tinfoil Barbs, you could see if your LFS will take them back or you could look for a new home on craigslist. If you have common Pleco, you're going to need to probably find him a new home as well, they can get 12-14" long. That being said, if you can get the Tinfoil Barbs and Pleco moved, the Rainbow Shark and Boesemanis should be fine for your tank.

Yep. Exactly.

I would like to stress: PLECO.

Poopy, Lazy, Eating, Crazy, Oddballs.

A common Pleco gets huge, up to 2 feet in some cases... Big fish with a big biolaod. So if you got the Common or the Sailfin, which are either labeled as such or as just "Pleco," then it will need to be rehomed as well. The smaller varieties will be fine.

I would rehome the Tinfiols before you add other fish.

If money cant buy happiness, that why do I need a job? I mean, I should be getting these fish free, since I don't have to pay for happy...

Tags
question, stock, stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com