Stocking Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CHBGator

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok I have these fish right now in my 55G Partially Planted tank.

7 Australian Rainbowfish
4 Black Khuli Loaches
2 Yoyo Loaches
1 Bulldog Pleco
6 Zebra Danio's
3 Cherry Barbs
3 Oto's

I would like to add a nice pair of German or Bolivian Rams would they be ok with the current inhabitants?

I think you will be fine. What is your PH? That could be an important factor.

I think that your tank being partially planted helps as welll

AND, How long has the tank been running and how is your water quality?

For the Bolivians you will be perfectly fine. If the tank has been running for a while, then you will be fine with the GBR's as well. The GBR's are much more sensative to tank conditions, and it's only best to add them after a tank has matured some. But either of them are just fine with what you have.

P.H was 6.7 last I checked but I changed substrate since then to sand which involved removing half my gravel and adding laterite and mixing that with the other gravel remaining then about 2-3 inches of sand on top. Fish seem to like it, I have a Cherry barb already dropping eggs and 2 VERY fat female Danio's. I do pretty frequent water changes, about 10% every other day.

Good I love adding fish color to my tank. Not that the 7 rainbows arent color :D

Cool, sounds like a perfect environment for either Bolivians or GBR's.

I agree LWB, that is why I asked how long the tank was running. I hate when you, Rich, and Zagz beat me to it!!!!! LOL

You know how I got so fast at the draw? I like Clint Eastwood and The Lone Ranger, LOL.

Edit:
I know, I know, lol. I'm tired and it's well past my bedtime, lol.

Ya well, when I finish college I will take over for you old timers. LOL

Back
Top Bottom