stocking question- opinions please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cloud

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a school of 7 bleeding heart tetras and 3 dwarf gouramis (2 powder blue, 1 flame) in a 55 gallon. as of now the tetras rule the roost and the gouramis all have claimed stake to seprate corners of the tank. My next addition is going to be a small school of cory cats but I have not decided on the exact species..

My question to you all is this, what is a peaceful fish for my tank, yet dominant (or large) enough to get the tetras in a tight school and put them little nippers in their place :lol: I was thinking of a larger gourami like the three spot or the golden. Maybe some angels?

Thanks in advance!

Corys are good, whichever species you prefer. Possibly a couple of angels. They can get nasty when they get large, though.

Consider a couple of rainbow fish....perhaps Bosemannis...peaceful, yet large and active enough to keep the tetras in order, and no problems with the gouramis (a larger gourami species might interact poorly with your dwarfs).

I highly agree with Toirtis. You would be taking a big chance of a problem by putting a larger gourami with the dwarfs. Most types of rainbows would do nicely. Silver dollars might work too but they do get pretty large.

Back
Top Bottom