Stocking Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nonameface

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just learned that my current fish may not be the happiest is the world because I apparently have schooling fish without schools :(

My 29 Gallon currently has:
1 4" bala shark
2 1" Tiger Barbs
1 1" Red-tailed Shark
2 2" Rosy barbs
1 4" pleco (my 10" pleco recently passed and this was his replacement)

My Wifes 10 gallon is WAY over stocked on mollys
4 Adult black mollys (1 male, 3 female)
2 Adult sunburst mollys (both female)
2 Adult silver mollys (both female)
1 3" pleco
about 25 Black molly fry
about 10 sunburst molly toddlers
and 2 silver molly toddlers

I Don't know what to do with all these mollys :-/ at first they kept eating their babies which was fine, I love that they breed, but I don't have room for them and I don't really want a molly farm.

The 5 gallon Hex
1 small angel fish
1 "rubber-lipped" pleco

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO Your sharks will out grow your tank quickly I would take them back to the LFS and increase your numbers on the tiger and rosey barbs to at least 6 ea.
As for the mollies you might see if your LFS will take the babies my LFs buys mine back from me not for much but it adds up quickly and they just put it on a credit at the store.

Unfortuantely the people at the store told me he'd be "perfect" for my tank, and I've had him for almost a year now which means I doubt they'd take him back. Also I bought him in Ohio before I moved to Arizona and he took the trip with me. Now that I'm in AZ the only local pet stores I have are petsmarts which I don't like. Their selection is small and they don't know what they're talking about. The closest real "fish store" is about an hour drive which sucks. I'm way out on the west side of Phoenix and all the good lfs's are over on the east side, like 40 miles through the city...

Also I asked at petsmart and they said they won't take them, but one of the employees said he'd take them if I didn't want to get rid of too many..

Back
Top Bottom