Stocking questions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pandicorn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
OK, long story short I'm a bit short on fish and I'd like to get some more to fully stock my tank.

Here's the planned stocking:
10x Rummy Nose Tetras I 7 Current
10x Neon Tetras I 2 Current
2x GBR (Breeding) I 2 Current
1x Glo Danio (There is NO WORKAROUND! It was my first fish and I luv him)I 1 current
8x Peppered Cory I 3 Current

I have a 10 gal QT so I feel like I'm probably gonna need a few trips :p.

Also --

Would an Angel or 2 be possible in this tank? I would like to know your guys' input.

Thanks for the help!

Is this for a 45 gallon tank? Was not mentioned here so I checked your profile.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Is this for a 45 gallon tank? Was not mentioned here so I checked your profile.

Oh I'm sorry, yes it is!

45 Gal
Fluval 306 + Double Sponge filter (I'm gonna use the sponge in the 10g for QT)

Angel will munch on neons when it gets bigger.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

What are the dimensions of this tank. If there's not enough floor space a breeding pair of rams may attack the Corys.

Plus Rams need higher temperatures than most fish. You need to make sure the fish are compatible with those temperatures. Most of your fish are not compatible with rams. Most people use Cardinal Tetras because they can handle over 80°

Cory sterbai are better for high temps.

So if you want Rams build the tank around them. Otherwise skip the Rams and make sure all of your fish are compatible on temperature and water conditions.

I would really suggest you get your (glo) zebra danio a school. He'll be much happier, even if the rest of the school is unmodified zebras, the school will give him an outlet for his energy an help him to feel more secure in the tank. I've read a lot about zebras getting restless and nippy alone or in groups that are too small. They really prefer to be in groups of 6+.
As for angels, they are a semi-aggressive fish, and will gleefully eat any fish that they can fit in their mouths. This can sometimes be avoided by raising them with the smaller fish, but apparently that's not a guarantee in all cases. If you choose to pair them, the consensus seems to be that a breeding pair can be very aggressive. Do your research here as well as elsewhere.

;_;

Here's my current stock
2 GBR (Breeding)
6 RNT
3 Peppered Cories
2 Neon tetras
1 Glo danio

Possible plan of action...?

5 Pep Cories 6 Rummies 6 Danios in 10g... @?
2 GBR
10 Cardinal
8 Panda Cories in
8 neons in
45 Gal
@81 F

Suggestions?

Will get tank dimensions when I get home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The biggest issue I see there is the danios. They really need more lateral swimming space than a 10g can offer them. I don't know enough about rams to really make suggestions on the 45.

;_;

Here's my current stock
2 GBR (Breeding)
6 RNT
3 Peppered Cories
2 Neon tetras
1 Glo danio

Possible plan of action...?

5 Pep Cories 6 Rummies 6 Danios in 10g... @?
2 GBR
10 Cardinal
8 Panda Cories in
8 neons in
45 Gal
@81 F

Suggestions?

Will get tank dimensions when I get home

10g....none of those fish fit a 10g IME.

Peppered Cories can hit 3"
RNT need room and pristine water
Danios are too busy for a 10g and may fight in small tanks.

45g

Panda Corys are a cooler water species. Sterbai and emerald green Coreys are the only two that are usually suggested above 80°

Neons prefer 76°

Research other Tetras that are warmer water fish.

Research

Oh sorry! Pandas are the ones that can do really low temps, right? OK assume panda switch w/ Cory,

New tank is not really an option atm, maybe if Petco has dollar for gallon I can get a 20 long? :)

For now, what is the best plan?

Oh sorry! Pandas are the ones that can do really low temps, right? OK assume panda switch w/ Cory,

New tank is not really an option atm, maybe if Petco has dollar for gallon I can get a 20 long? :)

For now, what is the best plan?

Tomorrow is the last sale day!

Fishobsessed7

Tomorrow is the last sale day!

Fishobsessed7

Missed the sale, but pet smart sells 20 long for 20 bucks... Other than that and maybe a hood and lights (If I can find one o_o) any tips on some filters and plants?

Pet supplies plus is doing a sale now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Pet supplies plus is doing a sale now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They are 12 miles away from me, but they have more options. This tank is gonna go in my room, and I don't have anything really ready for it yet, so which should I get? 20 long 26 bowfront 30 gal

Back
Top Bottom