Stocking questions and suggestions 29 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobzond

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
First let me thank this forum for helping me thought my first 29 gallon cycle. I am fully cycled according to water tests and my LFS and have some questions about stock levels. My current stock is as follows from the last couple weeks.
2 platys, 7 neon Tera's, 5 harlequin rasboras, 1 dwarf flame gourami, clown pelco and one female krib.

I have an eheim 2213 filter and do weekly 30% changes

Could you all please let me know your thoughts as to where I am currently on stock levels and any suggestions other low level fish.

Thanks

Heres a shot of my female krib who I love and would love to get another

Attachments

• image-801957372.jpg
    image-801957372.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 76
bobzond said:
First let me thank this forum for helping me thought my first 29 gallon cycle. I am fully cycled according to water tests and my LFS and have some questions about stock levels. My current stock is as follows from the last couple weeks.
2 platys, 7 neon Tera's, 5 harlequin rasboras, 1 dwarf flame gourami, clown pelco and one female krib.

I have an eheim 2213 filter and do weekly 30% changes

Could you all please let me know your thoughts as to where I am currently on stock levels and any suggestions other low level fish.

Thanks

Get a male krib to make a pair then next I would get a pair of long finned rams they are the ones in my profile pic :)

...joey... said:
Get a male krib to make a pair then next I would get a pair of long finned rams they are the ones in my profile pic :)

I wouldn't say that will work out. Kribensis and rams are both cichlids and once in breeding condition you will run into big issues. They will fight for a territory , especially in a 30g.

You're well on your way to being stocked in my opinion. I would probably add another platy (depending on your sex ratio) and a few more harlequins and call it good. Adding another krib could turn your tank into a war zone if they decide to breed, and adding another pair of cichlids would almost certainly end with dead fish.

Samzter said:
I wouldn't say that will work out. Kribensis and rams are both cichlids and once in breeding condition you will run into big issues. They will fight for a territory , especially in a 30g.

I have a breeding pair of rams and a breeding pair of kribs in a 100l tank not sure what that is in gallons but they get on fine I have to seperate fry at an early stage which is a lot of extra work for me but there is deffinately no scrapping!

...joey... said:
I have a breeding pair of rams and a breeding pair of kribs in a 100l tank not sure what that is in gallons but they get on fine I have to seperate fry at an early stage which is a lot of extra work for me but there is deffinately no scrapping!

There will be... At one stage there will be.

Samzter said:
There will be... At one stage there will be.

Tbh I'm surprised it worked them being together let alone both pairs breeding maybe they're popping out fry to build a school of soldiers to plan an attack lol.

I appreciate the advice!! I really don't want a breeding pair of kribs however I would love another female if you all agree this might work. 2 questions would either work?

1. Would adding 1 female krib and a female Bolivian work?

2. 1 ram and another bottom fish, not sure what other lower level swimmers there are.

bobzond said:
I appreciate the advice!! I really don't want a breeding pair of kribs however I would love another female if you all agree this might work. 2 questions would either work?

1. Would adding 1 female krib and a female Bolivian work?

2. 1 ram and another bottom fish, not sure what other lower level swimmers there are.

Any ideals

Does any one think adding 4-5 Cory's would be okay? How about a female ram? Any advice?

Back
Top Bottom