Stocking questions from a newbie.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm a newbie.. Why is hers expensive? The plants, lighting or something different?

All of it is. The lights, for sure. I was looking into buying new lights for a 55 that I have and it will be $150 dollars at least. So for a 220, you can imagine! Also, doing a tank that heavily planted would require a co2 system and a lot of ferts. Those wouldn't be cheap for a tank that size. That's all before livestock. It is just a lot of different expenses, particularly to get started.

All of it is. The lights, for sure. I was looking into buying new lights for a 55 that I have and it will be $150 dollars at least. So for a 220, you can imagine! Also, doing a tank that heavily planted would require a co2 system and a lot of ferts. Those wouldn't be cheap for a tank that size. That's all before livestock. It is just a lot of different expenses, particularly to get started.

Exactly also dirting for the tank but the main thing is lighting a 220 is 30" deep so having lights that are strong enough to penetrate to the bottom is very expensive buying all those and especially on your electrical bill. That's why my tank is pretty simple if you checked out the link.

Oh I always thought Rivercats was a man. Oops... Oh well now I know. Thanks guys! Haha

I'm a little embarrassed. I am glad to have learned she is a girl. I think I've said 'he' on a couple of occasions. Whoops! :(

Back
Top Bottom