Stocking Suggestions, 20 gallon vertical

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beginner on the loose

Aquarium Advice Regular
Alittle cliche but please anyone who has ideas on stocking a 20 gallon vertical freshwater community tank. I only asked you all because you know what your talking about, any help is appreciated. Gracias! (Thank you) :)

Last edited:
If you want a community tank I'd look at tetras and rasboras for the schooling fish, and corydoras or loaches for the bottom of the tank. Dwarf cichlids would be a great centerpiece fish, as would a gourami. Do you have any ideas on what you want?

For a 20H you could do a school of 10 Neon tetras, a colorful Dwarf or Honey Gourami, A group of 6 Marble Hatchetfish for top swimmers, and about 4 Cory Cats for bottom dwellers.

Yeah! I just bought a pair of honeys and they are great sociable fish... I'd definitely go with those over the dwarf... :)

I have both Honey and Dwarf and like they both equally although many feel Honeys are more hardy.

Yes Hatchetfish school and usually pretty tightly. With gourami's it just depends on their individual temperment some are mellow and some monsters. You could do something like a Bolivian Ram or German Blue Ram instead of a Gourami.

Back
Top Bottom