Stocking suggestions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

afrancis97

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello guys and gals!
Wanted to throw this out there to see how many people have similar tanks to mine and to see what you have for fish! My tank is established and has been going strong for a couple months after a fishless cycle.
55 gallon tank
Penguin350 filtration
Ph 7.0
Temp 79f
Amm 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 5.0
Non planted

My fish at this time are:
2 male dwarf gouramis
2 pictus cats
8 bleeding heart tetras.

What I'm considering at this time:
Rainbows
Cherry shrimp
Dojo loach? ( looks more like an eel just can't think of the name)
Freshwater clam

I need opinions and experienced recommendations for further stocking to ensure all play nice! Thanks for any feedback!

Cherry shrimp would most likely be eaten by everything on that list. I'd say no to those.

Clams and the loaches I have no experience with but I think rainbows would be fine.

The clam was really just an idea for variety really, didn't have my heart set on the clam or the shrimp. The substrate is blue gravel anyways would that have even been suitable for a clam? How about snails?

What is your substrate? Some types of gravel can be harsh on loaches and other catfish. Also, I would say no to the clam, as I think they need fast and safe/clean/ pristine

Whoops, I didn't see all the previous comments- not all of them loaded on my phone, ignore my last comment, as I think it has been covered

Back
Top Bottom