Stocking suggestions for 15g column

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KTpoopenstein

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a planted 15g column from Aqueon with a Tetra Whisper 40 filter that needs some new residents. I currently have 3 peppered cories, one serpae tetra and 3 nerite snails. I do not want more serpae tetras. I had 6 at one point and they never swam around much. They just hung out under my piece of driftwood. I love my cories, and I know they'd be happier with a few more friends, but I'm concerned about getting more since the tank's footprint is fairly small ~13"x13". As it is they're way more active than the tetras ever were.

I'd like something with some color ideally, and something that is active. Obviously anything I get will be dependent on what I can find at the two LFSs that I've gotten healthy fish from before. If anyone has any recommendations for places to get healthy fish in New Orleans that would also be appreciated!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391988369.321451.jpg

I'm not sure if I can find them anywhere other than Petsmart/Petco (which I won't buy from) but I was thinking maybe a school of cardinal or neon tetras? Would they work in a tank this size? How many could I reasonably get?

Back
Top Bottom