Stocking suggestions please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A dozen Angels in a 35g sounds like a terrible idea. Large fish grow best in big tanks. 3 Angels maybe and keep the favorite.

If it was me ?

A group of Threadfin Rainbows.

Corydoras

Seal the tank well if you have Hatchets, plus some floating plants for cover help.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 on the angel bit. Even as babies, 12 in that size tank will quickly need downsizing.

A dozen Angels in a 35g sounds like a terrible idea. Large fish grow best in big tanks. 3 Angels maybe and keep the favorite.

If it was me ?

A group of Threadfin Rainbows.

Corydoras

Seal the tank well if you have Hatchets, plus some floating plants for cover help.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was suggesting from a tiny size dime or pea size) and to rehome as they grew. They are cheapest this way and at that size they are sold in 6-12 anyways. Plus it is fun to watch them grow from this size.

If the op wants to get them at a larger size then obviously only a few is a better idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Newbie here, after doing a lot of research I chose 2 angel ( probably will have to move 1 in time), and I decided to go with 4 platy, 3 Cory, 6 oto, also have 2 bumblebee gobies.
I also liked the idea of dwarf gourami but opted for more movement. Note: the angels were brought in small and the BB gobies were already there, it had been their home for a while.
Ok from a newbie, established hobbyists please chime in if this is bad.

Rams can be very sensitive depending on the species, but they have fun personalities. Very friendly, inquisitive, and will run up to the glass to do the "please feed me" dance whenever they see you. If you're concerned about their sensitivity, you can go the Bolivian Ram route. They tend to be much hardier than any of the Gold, Blue, German, etc varieties.

I agree with this. I know two very knowledgeable aquarists who've suddenly lost German Blue Rams for no apparent reason. They're beautiful fish, but it comes with a price.

A pair of Bolivian Rams be a nice bottom centerpiece (do not put two males together). If you're looking for easier fish for that area, a half dozen corys would also work.

Newbie here, after doing a lot of research I chose 2 angel ( probably will have to move 1 in time), and I decided to go with 4 platy, 3 Cory, 6 oto, also have 2 bumblebee gobies.
I also liked the idea of dwarf gourami but opted for more movement. Note: the angels were brought in small and the BB gobies were already there, it had been their home for a while.

I would add one or two more corys. They like to be in schools. If you're squeezed for space, subtract an oto.

I would add one or two more corys. They like to be in schools. If you're squeezed for space, subtract an oto.

I've never had over 4, is this why I don't ever see them together? They have never been close or around each other. All my others pair up and have a buddy. If you say there better that way I'll add, just curious of the difference? The otos I got to help with algae, and I find them amazing to watch, there fun, active and hang out together.

I've never had over 4, is this why I don't ever see them together? They have never been close or around each other. All my others pair up and have a buddy. If you say there better that way I'll add, just curious of the difference? The otos I got to help with algae, and I find them amazing to watch, there fun, active and hang out together.

I have four Sterbai Corys and I would say that's probably the minimum number to keep. I'm considering getting a fifth.

If your corys aren't hanging out together, that could be a sign of stress. Mine tend to rest on the substrate during the day in groups of 3 or 4. Do you have dense planting, a cave, or some other place where they can feel secure?

I can't say definitively the small number is why your cories go solo, but I have 12 of these little cories in my 55 and they always stay in groups of at least 4. Most of the time they line up grazing the sand in a bigger group. Very entertaining.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414857050.163462.jpg

I have four Sterbai Corys and I would say that's probably the minimum number to keep. I'm considering getting a fifth.

If your corys aren't hanging out together, that could be a sign of stress. Mine tend to rest on the substrate during the day in groups of 3 or 4. Do you have dense planting, a cave, or some other place where they can feel secure?

I'm working very hard on planting, I do have caves and hiding spots, 1 little guy is usually in there the other 2 are always looking for more food. I will try more, today. They don't have all be same kind do they?

I can't say definitively the small number is why your cories go solo, but I have 12 of these little cories in my 55 and they always stay in groups of at least 4. Most of the time they line up grazing the sand in a bigger group. Very entertaining.

View attachment 254455

Omg they are so cute! I wish I had room for a larger fish tank. I want to do more but limited. :(

These are corydora habrosus (spelling?) they stay about 1.5 inches max, so not going to make huge blip in your bioload.

Depends on what you want your finally stocking list to be.

Just curiously, what corys to have now?

Oops, just saw they are sterbai. A medium sized Cory...

I would play with aqadvisor to get an idea of what this tank and your filtration can Handle. Though I think your current stocking is appropriate.

These are corydora habrosus (spelling?) they stay about 1.5 inches max, so not going to make huge blip in your bioload.

Depends on what you want your finally stocking list to be.

Just curiously, what corys to have now?

If your asking what cories I have, all 3 are albino, they have been the most entertaining so far. I'd like to get 2 of the julli ( however you spell it), if I should add more. And it sounds as though that would be best for them. As for stocking, I have to be honest I'm sure that addition would max or over max me. I have a guppy tank which I can move platy into but have baby fry now and prefer they not be dessert.

It's best to get more albinos

Fishobsessed7
Thank you. Do you think I should go for 1 or 2? So it does matter that they be the same, is that due to like a comfort/not being out numbered thing?

I'm working very hard on planting, I do have caves and hiding spots, 1 little guy is usually in there the other 2 are always looking for more food. I will try more, today. They don't have all be same kind do they?

I'm not sure. My guess is that corys that are native to the same area and look similar would be most comfortable with each other. For example, I would imagine that Julii and Leopard Corys would enjoy each other's company. I'm not sure how Venezuelan Pygmy Corys would interact with those species.

I think you should start your own thread.
I thought you were talking about stocking the OP's 35 Hex.

No idea if its bad ???
No idea what your tank stats are ??

Please start your own thread with YOUR tank details in Freshwater getting started.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom