Stocking Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettababe1011

Aquarium Advice Addict
This is what I want to put in my twenty gallon.

6 Zebra Danios
6 Guppies
4 Panda Cory Cats

Is this too much for a twenty gallon? And can I keep all male guppies, or will problems arise? I don't want the fry. If that weren't a problem then I wouldn't care if the guppies were males or females. Is there a way I can get rid of unwanted fry? I don't want to count on all of them getting eaten, but I don't want to kill then myself. So now you see why I am trying to just avoid fry altogether. Thanks in advance for your help.

It sounds like the tank is stocked :) The males might have some aggression problems, but since you have 6 of them, it should be spread out (nothin to worry about).

Im not sure if the fry would survive since you have those active zebra danios zooming around ;)

But it's not too much for a twenty? I know I can't get any more. I've done some research on guppies. Only in twos do they have problems. So my males would be okay. They would also add color to an otherwise kind of dullish tank. I don't have the tank yet, I just want to check out the idea of what to stock. I am saving up for the tank. And then I need to cycle it when I get it. So I'm looking at a good couple of months at least before I can even get these fish.

Just a note, panda cories are pretty sensitive, so wait till the tank is well established (2-3 months after cycle with stable parameters) before adding. For acclimation, drip is recommended, 2-3 drips per second.

Okay thanks. I knew they were sensitive, I just didn't know when to put them in. I didn't even know that was a question of mine until you said something!

I agree, male guppies have a better chance to succeed in larger groups,

In case of fry, depending on how will you plant or decorate the tank will increase or decrease the chances for the fry to survive, but with the danios will be hard, but not impossible.

Back
Top Bottom