Stocking thoughts; 37gal high

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coleallensmom

Planted Tank Enthusiast
Just wanted to get some feedback. My stocking on my 37 gallon looked something like this a few months ago:

7 Black Skirt Tetra
6 Black Neon Tetra
3 Zebra Danios
9 Pristella tetra

In January I set up a new 20 gallon and moved the Pristellas into the 20 gallon. They were never very active in the 37 gallon, but in the 20 gallon they do nothing but hide in the plants all day. The only time I see them is at feeding time. The only thing I can think of is that they don't like the brightness off that tank; although the Rose danios in that tank are out and active all day. I've been contemplating moving them back into the 37 gallon but since the time they were taken out, I have added ottos and a gourami to that tank. Am I overstocking by putting them back in? Dimensions of the tank are 30"L x 12.5"W x 22.5"H. Stocking list would look something like this if I did:

1 Blue Gourami
3 Otocinclus
7 Black Skirt Tetra
6 Black Neon Tetra
3 Zebra Danios
9 Pristella tetra

Thoughts?

img_1265199_0_dd16666d270b332ae301d72029726461.jpg

They are all small fish, so you might be OK.

I was going to have two sets of schools in my 20g high: black neon tetra and gold tetra. Since reading and posting on these boards, I changed my mind; I think it's better to have one big school rather than multiple schools in a 20g tank.

If I was in your shoes, I'd probably go with two large schools in your 37g and only one in your 20g. One suggestion I have would be to put the pristella tetra back in the 37g and move either the black skirt or black neon tetra to the 20g.

One suggestion I have would be to put the pristella tetra back in the 37g and move either the black skirt or black neon tetra to the 20g.

A possibility, although I'd rather not do tank swapping again. I really don't think putting Black skirts in a 20 gallon is a good idea either...mine are full grown and fairly large.

Back
Top Bottom