Stocking Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KeeperOfFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Going to PetSmart tomorrow and need some help choosing fish....here's my current stock...
1 cremiscicle Molly
1 baby angel
2 female guppies
1 platy
3 otos

It is a 40 gallon tank and I would like to get...
Bleeding heart tetras or Australian Rainbows or both
Dwarf gourami
A couple more female guppies and two males would this be ok? Thanks

Hey there,

The rainbows get too big but some similar looking ones are threadfins or praecox rainbows.

You could add both schools, I don't see why not.

The DG seems fine in that stock also. So do the extra guppies (unless you want to be run over by fry:D)

Hope this helped! :)

honestly remove the Molly and you will be good, i had to take my molly out of my tank and gave it to my lfs because it was the bully of my tank and messed with my guppies nonstop.

Going to PetSmart tomorrow and need some help choosing fish....here's my current stock...
1 cremiscicle Molly
1 baby angel
2 female guppies
1 platy
3 otos

It is a 40 gallon tank and I would like to get...
Bleeding heart tetras or Australian Rainbows or both
Dwarf gourami
A couple more female guppies and two males would this be ok? Thanks
I don't know about the rainbows, but school of bleeding hearts should be fine. The dg should be fine. A few more guppies should be fine. Be aware that there is a good chance your angel will eat the guppies some day though. Maybe not since it is being raised with them, but it is fairly likely that it will eat them. Female guppies get bigger than males though, so I would suggest you stick with the females to avoid males turning into dinner. But, there is a chance everybody will be fine. :)

bruinsbro1997 said:
Hey there,

The rainbows get too big but some similar looking ones are threadfins or praecox rainbows.

You could add both schools, I don't see why not.

The DG seems fine in that stock also. So do the extra guppies (unless you want to be run over by fry:D)

Hope this helped! :)

Ok I will get the tetras I like them equally as much plus there a dollar right now lol and and the dg and I'm sure the angel and otter fish will control the population of guppies

CleverBs said:
honestly remove the Molly and you will be good, i had to take my molly out of my tank and gave it to my lfs because it was the bully of my tank and messed with my guppies nonstop.

Well so far it is a very timid Molly and doesn't bother the other fish and I really love it so we will see how it goes

absolutangel04 said:
I don't know about the rainbows, but school of bleeding hearts should be fine. The dg should be fine. A few more guppies should be fine. Be aware that there is a good chance your angel will eat the guppies some day though. Maybe not since it is being raised with them, but it is fairly likely that it will eat them. Female guppies get bigger than males though, so I would suggest you stick with the females to avoid males turning into dinner. But, there is a chance everybody will be fine. :)

I think you told me this before but I will keep an eye on him he doesn't even nip fins and I'm just gonna get one male guppy

Back
Top Bottom