stocking thread....AGAIN!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
Another stocking thread lol I am getting a new tank :) It will be either 10 or 20 gallons no top with pothos vice and stuff sticking out the top. So through out suggestions! I am pretty open. Thought about a vetta but not sure. I havent decided if this tank or my other will be my nocturnal tank so diurnal or nocturnal fish suggestions are all welcome! Thanks and God bless!

Another stocking thread lol I am getting a new tank :) It will be either 10 or 20 gallons no top with pothos vice and stuff sticking out the top. So through out suggestions! I am pretty open. Thought about a vetta but not sure. I havent decided if this tank or my other will be my nocturnal tank so diurnal or nocturnal fish suggestions are all welcome! Thanks and God bless!

What about a backwater tank? So like apisto's and cardinals? I mean there's still loads of other fish which could go with them but it's really up to you

What about a backwater tank? So like apisto's and cardinals? I mean there's still loads of other fish which could go with them but it's really up to you

I dont really like the way blackwater looks. Just not for me. Any other ideas?

Ok I went with the 10. Help me out! Here are my ideas however I am open to any and all suggestions :)
1. Betta fish, snails, shrimp, and some kuhlis
2. Pea puffers snails and shrimp
3. Endlers colony

I am not really into idea 3 that much. I understAnd the shrimp are at risk of being a snack lol

I'd add some chili rasboras, pencil fish, or a colony of shell dwelling cichlids.

I'd add some chili rasboras, pencil fish, or a colony of shell dwelling cichlids.

I totally considered shellies! I was told my plants wouldnt like the required crushed coral :(
I actually have the crushed coral but this tank is gonna have plants growing out the top. If the plants would be ok I would probably do that though!

It depends on the betta. Some bettas are peaceful while others will go on a mass killing spree.

It depends on the betta. Some bettas are peaceful while others will go on a mass killing spree.

Lol no killing sprees. We dont need that. The tank will be perfect for a betta with roots and all in the water. I just hope none of the fish I get jump....

white clouds are coldwater fish and do best at 64-72 degrees bettas are tropical and need higher temps

If I get a betta I will probably stick to room temp. Our house isnt cold so he should be fine.

I thought bettas had a reputation for jumping out of tanks?

I was worried about that... see I used to have bowls (hangs head in shame) and never had a jumper. Had a 5 gallon and he jumped... lol so I was iffy. I am probably going to end up with a 20 long now :) I am going to have the roots of some housplants hanging in the water. What fish would look good with that? My african leaf fish look awesome suspended in the roots looking mean! I want something else that will look cool.

I wouldnt advise you to get a betta, they do sometimes jump out of tanks (you will know that better than anyone after having yours jump out).

If you are getting a 20 with an African leaf in it then you could put in an African butterfly fish - if African leaf fish look nice with the plants then I imagine an African butterfly fish will too. Then if you have 2 african fish you could create an african biotope tank with some dwarf cichlids too maybe.

Watch with the butterfly fish though - make sure you get Pantodon buchholzi. Also make sure you get a lid if you get this fish - because it will jump out if you dont.

I wouldnt advise you to get a betta, they do sometimes jump out of tanks (you will know that better than anyone after having yours jump out).

If you are getting a 20 with an African leaf in it then you could put in an African butterfly fish - if African leaf fish look nice with the plants then I imagine an African butterfly fish will too. Then if you have 2 african fish you could create an african biotope tank with some dwarf cichlids too maybe.

Watch with the butterfly fish though - make sure you get Pantodon buchholzi. Also make sure you get a lid if you get this fish - because it will jump out if you dont.

No it will not have a lid so I will need to steer clear of jumpers. The tank is going to be semi walstad (floramax instead of dirt and gravel) and the main decor is going to be a piece of floating driftwood and various housplants hanging in the water. I plan on having umbrella palm growing out of the tank as well.

Back
Top Bottom