Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-15-2015, 06:12 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

stocking two 29 gallons

Hey everyone I currently have 2 29 gallon tanks and I only have a few fish in them. I would like to put some more in with them so I thought I mshould ask for some ideas. In tank1 I have 3 black skirt tetras, 2 zebra danios, a dwarf chiclid (Kribensis), and a catfish (Striped Raphael Catfish) so nothing to small in that one. Tank2 I have 4 platies this tank is newer. Thanks for the help ahead of time.

Old 10-15-2015, 06:24 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

We need to know what substrate you used, filtration, temp, color or fish type preferences etc

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Brenna
brennae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 06:38 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

I used a light colored gravel that is a little bigger in size than most gravels, average filtration for a 29 gallon, temp. is always around 75 maybe a little above, and any compatible fish that aren't to hard to find are good.
Old 10-15-2015, 06:46 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here's the thing average filtration could mean many things. Hob or canister? If you have good filtration then you could do a small variety of pleco in with the platys. I would go with bristle nose but there are many varieties of those to chose from. Rubber lip pleco is another option. Plecos create a ton of waste so your filtration would make a difference as to whether that's an option. Are you wanting these fish to breed or to avoid that?
I would avoid corys as your gravel sounds too big. They prefer sand. If you switch out the gravel for sand then you could do a good sized group of corys for the bottom dwellers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Brenna
brennae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 07:38 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Ok thanks and I have both HOB filters

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tags
29 gallon, gallon, stock, stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com