Stoking 30 gallon freshwater aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

btfishguy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I love tetras and I want a tetra tank with different tetras can u guys help me make a few lists of tetras I can add together that would make a beautiful display!?
I was also thing a male betta fish ....bit I'm not sire like I personally don't believe that they are all aggressive ... Soo .. Anyway thanks guys, hope to get lots of replys

You could try black or white skirt skirt tetras, long finned serpae tetras, Cardinal or neon tetras, rummy nose, glofish tetras... Use aquadvisor to see how many you can fit in your 30 gallon. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You could try black or white skirt skirt tetras, long finned serpae tetras, Cardinal or neon tetras, rummy nose, glofish tetras... Use aquadvisor to see how many you can fit in your 30 gallon. Good luck.

I heard that the fist three that you mentioned are aggressive... ? and cardinals are hard to keep :(

A huge group of neon tetras, glowlight tetras, and black neon tetras looks great. I've done it myself.

Bettas can be stressed by a lot of activity.
Black neons, diamond tetras, green neon, blue tetras, runny nose, blood fins, and glow lights an work.
I would personally only pick two an go with bigger schools of them but you could possibly get away with three species an keep schools of 6 depending on the species you keep.

Yesterday I bought some black neons, and I love them!

Black neons are my favorite tetra :) I have a nice school of 8 of them in my 36. They can catch Ick easier then most though, I had to heat treat a couple days when te dreaded spots showed up

They are not aggressive. Find nippy maybe. But not aggressive if you keep them in big enough schools.

I have a 55 gallon tetra tank. I have black skirts, white skirts, buenos aires, neons, and Columbian tetras. I also have some platies, and guppies and a pleco in there. I have never seen any agression problems at all. All my tetras are in schools and they all get along just fine for more than 7 months now.

I got 4 candycane tetras yesterday, and they are doing fine, schooling, eating viciously, and flaring after a drop-n-plop temp-only acclimation (I usually drip-acclimate my fish for at least 1 hour) and they are very pretty. If you are looking for pretty, hardy tetras than those are for you. If you cant get ahold of them then try diamond tetras. They look like crap when they are little but they soon become some of the most beautiful aquarium fish of all time! Hope this helps... Heres a generic vid of my diamonds and candycanes.

I got 4 candycane tetras yesterday, and they are doing fine, schooling, eating viciously, and flaring after a drop-n-plop temp-only acclimation (I usually drip-acclimate my fish for at least 1 hour) and they are very pretty. If you are looking for pretty, hardy tetras than those are for you. If you cant get ahold of them then try diamond tetras. They look like crap when they are little but they soon become some of the most beautiful aquarium fish of all time! Hope this helps... Heres a generic vid of my diamonds and candycanes.
Ooops, it didn't work

I have 12 neons and 6 rummys in mine! I love the way they look together. 5 Leopard cories (I thought they where julis when I bought them, but they are great!) and 6 otos as cleanup. It's nice and clean - I tried some 'bigger' fish like diamond tetras but I find the small fish give the aquarium the illusion of 'vastness' that I like

You cant go wrong with rummies! sounds like a good tank!

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

I love tetras and I want a tetra tank with different tetras can u guys help me make a few lists of tetras I can add together that would make a beautiful display!?

I was also thing a male betta fish ....bit I'm not sire like I personally don't believe that they are all aggressive ... Soo .. Anyway thanks guys, hope to get lots of replys

You could have two groups of tetras if you wanted. Black/Red Phantom Tetras, Bentos Tetras/Ornate Tetras (also know as the "Candy Cane Tetra"), Neon Tetras, Black Neon Tetras, and Black Skirt Tetras are all good options that are hardy!

Rummys will always be my favorite tetra... Nothing compares for me. So I think they should be part of your school!!

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
10g betta, nano fish, shrimp
5.5g betta

You could have two groups of tetras if you wanted. Black/Red Phantom Tetras, Bentos Tetras/Ornate Tetras (also know as the "Candy Cane Tetra"), Neon Tetras, Black Neon Tetras, and Black Skirt Tetras are all good options that are hardy!

If you want to get true candycane tetras for sure, ask your seller for Hyphessobrycon sp. "HY511".

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

Back
Top Bottom