Storing a smaller tank into a larger tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rpgmomma8404

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've been storing my empty 10 gallon into a 20 gallon long. I'm starting to wonder if this is a good idea. I don't see any cracks or anything but I just wanted to see if anyone else did this or if it's even a good idea. I know crazy question, lol. :huh:

Doesn't seem like it would really cause much of an issue when it's only that big. I could imagine it causing a problem from pressure if you stored a 10 gallon tank in a 50 or 100 gallon etc. For a 10 in a 20 I guess you'll be fine.

The bottoms of fish tanks are extremely strong as long at the pressure is evenly distributed. There was a video on youtube with a guy that put something like 250 pounds of rocks in the bottom of a 10g tank, then stood on it and it didn't break.

So your asking if you can put an empty 10g tank into an empty 20g tank? To store them?

Yes, it's been like this for a bit but I was wondering if it would causing problems over time. I did it because I kept bumping into the 10 gallon with my foot, lol. Scared I was going to accidentally kick it too hard and break the tank.

Back
Top Bottom