Story time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaitlyns17

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I work as animal care at a pet store (not naming it for business reasons) and I was helping a lady pick out some fish for her tank. She decided to get an Odessa barb and I noticed it was missing an eye. So she didn't want poor little one eyed fish so I got her a new one and I felt so bad for the little guy that I bought him and took him home to my 10 gallon tank just until my 40 finishes its cycle. He's not the most social little fella even when he was with 5 of his own kind at the store could him not having both eyes limit his ability to fend for himself? I tried to feed flakes but I can only imagine how stressed he is. He's the only one in the 10. When I get my 40 cycled I'm not sure if I'll get more because I know he's a schooling fish but I'd feel bad if he weren't getting enough food. Would he be fine with maybe 2 or 3 more Odessa and maybe some angels?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I've had either a tetra or danio* (can't recall as it was a while back) that had one eye and lived in a school of their own kind. The lack of an eye did not slow this fish down and it behaved and fed quite normally, although I do remember that it often swam/hovered with its blindside near a sidewalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've had either a tetra or danio* (can't recall as it was a while back) that had one eye and lived in a school of their own kind. The lack of an eye did not slow this fish down and it behaved and fed quite normally, although I do remember that it often swam/hovered with its blindside near a sidewalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Alright so when i move him to my 40 gallon ill get him some buddies

Back
Top Bottom