Story time! Nightmare!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angellove78

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, I lay back down with my daughter this morning (3yrs old). She kept me up till 3:30am last night. I get up @5 am every morning. She got up, and destroyed everything I'm working so hard for. I've been cleaning everything up all day. Back to the story... she put coffee creamer and sugar In my male betta's 5g tank. She took the fish out of the tank and put him in my 55g with my 5 girls(bettas) but I had another 10g tank sitting from what the girls came out of before the 55g. It was cold and nasty water no filter, no heat. My daughter managed to put 4 out of 5 of my girls in that tank. So, 1 girl was left with my male betta in the 55g. I looked everywhere and couldn't see all my girls in my 55g. Then I looked in that cold 72degees nasty tank. I was/am heart broken. And to top this all off, I had left over pellets in a cup from last night's feeding and she feed them all the left overs. So all fish are extremely bloated. Probably in stock alittle and way over fed. I have a huge mess. I act fast to get my male out of the 55g, float him in a cup in his 5g. Hurry and get all the girls back in the 55g. Did 3 to 4 50% water changes in the 5g. Tested the 55g. I got .25 on ammonia. So now a 50% water change on that one. I took the cold nasty 10g down which I know I should've done a few days ago. But I got busy. So this is where I'm at. My green Betta (viper) is missing 1/2 her tail and all girls are still active. Everything seems to be ok for the most part. But, I almost had a heart attack. Cried every step I took, and still sad. But, now I'm trying to fix everything the best I can. I'll be dealing with a lot on my girls the next few days, and even longer with my girl, Viper. I'm so beside myself right now. A child that gets everything she wants plus some... And she's gotta play with the fish. She likes to climb. It's fun. Not really... ugh! Kids!!!

Oh no! A three year old doesn't know better but probably mimicking mama. Still very frustrating I can imagine. I did chuckle at the cream & sugar I'm a coffee lover. Sorry. I am sure you will get things on track, just take a deep breath. It's not entertaining now but in 20 years...

Oh no! A three year old doesn't know better but probably mimicking mama. Still very frustrating I can imagine. I did chuckle at the cream & sugar I'm a coffee lover. Sorry. I am sure you will get things on track, just take a deep breath. It's not entertaining now but in 20 years...
Oh, I know... and been taking lots of deep breathes. I said to myself, could've been worse. If she would have feel in and I'd lose my little girl. It is a 55g. She was on a bar stool, you never know what could of happened. It don't take much. I'm just so worried all the way around now. Think I'm gonna be putting something on top very soon. And strap it down. I called my mom, and she said "oh yeah, I know a little girl who did that's when she was little. Lol!!! Not me..

My 4 year old once dumped literally 3/4 of a large can of flake food into my 55 gallon. I spent 40 mins trying to dredge the flakes out with a net, then days vacuuming the gravel and doing water changes.

This was after he filled the toilet with just about ever toiletry item in the bathroom.

???

My 4 year old once dumped literally 3/4 of a large can of flake food into my 55 gallon. I spent 40 mins trying to dredge the flakes out with a net, then days vacuuming the gravel and doing water changes.

This was after he filled the toilet with just about ever toiletry item in the bathroom.

???
Yeah, she feed the fish in my 75g too before and that one has glass tops. It was a big bottle of flakes alittle over 1/2 full. Lol! That was a Hot Mess. Fun clean up. She said "Momma, I Feed Fish!!!" Good lord... lol!

When my kids were young I recall putting a child proof lock device on the cabinet doors (had them for the kitchen as well). Tbh, my kids barely acknowledged there were tanks in the house; if it did not have a purple dinosaur they were interested.

And that's why I'll be putting a door with a finger print scanner on my fish cave when the kids start coming haha. Sorry to hear all that, can't imagine going through all that.

Oh Lordy you poor thing. I hope all recover quickly and you get some great sleep tonight.

We'll get it. No worries. Girls look pretty good today. I gotta start all over again with fin rot on my male. But, everything will be ok. If y'all are following on my other post. I'm posting everything I'm doing. So bear with me. It's gonna take some time.

Yep that’s kids for ya. What’s the other post link? I’d like to follow

My 3yr old would do the same thing!!! He is going through the if it's dry it must be wet phase. I have found toys, money fish food, people food, coffee cups, dishes clean and dirty, clothes, pens pencils and various other things in the tanks toilet and dog's water. aren't kids fun??? So glad Gabe is my last kid!

Shut the front door!! Bless you! My kids don't listen to much of what I say but one thing they do know is not to even touch the glass of my tanks or they'll have no hands.
Maybe that's why they touch and destroy everything else? Lol Good luck!

Shut the front door!! Bless you! My kids don't listen to much of what I say but one thing they do know is not to even touch the glass of my tanks or they'll have no hands.
Maybe that's why they touch and destroy everything else? Lol Good luck!
Yeah, I'm coming up with a DIY system for mine now. Probably them little alarms for the windows that go off when the window opens. I'll have a slide system for the top just like a window. But it will be a little motifyed. Probably with a smoke detector (they are loud) think that will do the trick. Lol! Scare the crap out of everyone when the wires touch when glass top is moved. Lmao! [emoji23] [emoji57] momma's got plans and lots of ideas!

Yeah, I'm coming up with a DIY system for mine now. Probably them little alarms for the windows that go off when the window opens. I'll have a slide system for the top just like a window. But it will be a little motifyed. Probably with a smoke detector (they are loud) think that will do the trick. Lol! Scare the crap out of everyone when the wires touch when glass top is moved. Lmao! [emoji23] [emoji57] momma's got plans and lots of ideas!
I'd just need one that said " If you ever want to play a video game again and/or have all your American girl dolls taken away then step away from the tank"
We used to joke when my son was a toddler that he should've been a tester for baby safety products. He not only could get by them, he could put them back together to cover his tracks. My youngest is 7 now, I have no clue how I made it through with 3 toddlers. Lol

So, I lay back down with my daughter this morning (3yrs old). She kept me up till 3:30am last night. I get up @5 am every morning. She got up, and destroyed everything I'm working so hard for. I've been cleaning everything up all day. Back to the story... she put coffee creamer and sugar In my male betta's 5g tank. She took the fish out of the tank and put him in my 55g with my 5 girls(bettas) but I had another 10g tank sitting from what the girls came out of before the 55g. It was cold and nasty water no filter, no heat. My daughter managed to put 4 out of 5 of my girls in that tank. So, 1 girl was left with my male betta in the 55g. I looked everywhere and couldn't see all my girls in my 55g. Then I looked in that cold 72degees nasty tank. I was/am heart broken. And to top this all off, I had left over pellets in a cup from last night's feeding and she feed them all the left overs. So all fish are extremely bloated. Probably in stock alittle and way over fed. I have a huge mess. I act fast to get my male out of the 55g, float him in a cup in his 5g. Hurry and get all the girls back in the 55g. Did 3 to 4 50% water changes in the 5g. Tested the 55g. I got .25 on ammonia. So now a 50% water change on that one. I took the cold nasty 10g down which I know I should've done a few days ago. But I got busy. So this is where I'm at. My green Betta (viper) is missing 1/2 her tail and all girls are still active. Everything seems to be ok for the most part. But, I almost had a heart attack. Cried every step I took, and still sad. But, now I'm trying to fix everything the best I can. I'll be dealing with a lot on my girls the next few days, and even longer with my girl, Viper. I'm so beside myself right now. A child that gets everything she wants plus some... And she's gotta play with the fish. She likes to climb. It's fun. Not really... ugh! Kids!!!
All I can say is God bless you.

Back
Top Bottom