Strange Behavior?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually I just did the conversion, and 27 Celsius equals 80.6 Fahrenheit, which isn't a bad temperature at all. I keep my tank at 80 all the time.

fearlessfisch said:
Actually I just did the conversion, and 27 Celsius equals 80.6 Fahrenheit, which isn't a bad temperature at all. I keep my tank at 80 all the time.

it is good to have a slightly lower temperature then that for O2 in a overstocked tank.. 76-78 degrees F would be better..

I changed out 1/3 of the water and turned the nosel up so that it is causing the water to splash.

There is no light on the heater that I can find. Or perhaps I am just really missing it because I'm tired (it's almost 3am now).

I'll sleep once I am sure I have done all I can to ensure my fish will survive. I feel like a severely worried parent right now!

I do want to see what can be done to get the temp down. I used cool water when I changed the 1/3 water so I hope that will help. Anything else I can do?

Not that I can think of offhand. Maybe someone else will have ideas. Just be sure that the temp. isn't too far from what they already have....sudden changes can be stressful in and of themselves. But it might reassure you to know that I also have a friend who purposely gives his guppies cool showers in summer and swears they love it and come looking for them.

You are being a good mom.

Then I will wait and see what happens to the temp with the cool water. Maybe tomorrow when I get up someone else might have some suggestions.

Thank you all so much for your help! I hope all my fish will be okay (but now I understand the why's if they don't).

I'm glad you found this place. I bet you'll want to stick around, too--it's a great community. I know I can always come here with any crazy little observation or excitement concerning my fish, that other people in my life might find absolutely ridiculous. And there hasn't been a question I've had yet that someone here hasn't been able to answer for me.

Keep us posted on the fish. I bet they are feeling a lot better now.

Toirtis: Yes that is the exact same tank I have.

fearlessfisch: I run around telling everyone the things the fish do anyway (they all know I am weird!). I get just as excited (or sad) over my fish as I do my dog (or the cats I had growing up) or people. People around me just get used to it though I find it sad that many people think "Oh well a fish died".

Well I am happy to say everyone survived the night. The shark is not floating around at the top anymore. He still seems pretty lethargic but he is swimming a bit around the tank or hanging around in the large leaf plant. I'll be keeping a very close eye on them though.

Again thank you so much for all of your help!

Unfortunately no I cannot get one today since it is Sunday here and everything is closed except gas stations and the night mart. Monday won't get here quick enough.

seems like another water change today (try to keep it the same temperature of the tank if not close to reduce stress and a chlorine/chlorimide remover) and going out and getting that testkit (liquid reactant not dry tabs) tomorrow are the best corses of action right now.. HTH

Well everyone is still alive and we will be getting the testing kit soon to see if anything is up with the water. The red fin is acting a bit better. He is hiding a lot but not floating around in strange positions anymore. Also the outside temp has gone down and the tank is now at 26 C so that is coming slowly down as well.

Again thank you all so much for your help!

Back
Top Bottom