Strange clear wiggling roundish Algae like things.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Relic1882

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello. I am seeing a major buildup of these roundish cell looking things all over the glass in my tank. They are clear and they wiggle almost like they're alive but I'm sure it's just the water current moving them. They're multiplying obviously. Is this a type of algae or is it a parasite or something that I should worry about?

i had the same problem. just cut back on your feeding and maybe buy a few otos. They love the stuff and eliminated the problem for me

Could they be snail eggs? I have them, too, in my 10 gal. Snails must have been introduced into the tank a couple months ago when I put in a java moss plant. The plant was only in there about a week, I took it out because it was too messy.

Anyway, now I've got lots of little snails and what you described sounds exactly like what I've seen on the glass in my tank.

Snail eggs are usually laid in clear rubber-like blobs that have tiny dots in them. You wouldn't be able to remove them very easily . You'd have to scrape them off with your fingernail. They don't move with the water flow either.

Kim

The little things are clear, but they can't be snail eggs because I never had a snail until a couple days ago, and this was happening before. I'm going to try to find some oto cats this weekend when I get paid. My snail is eating some of the stuff and my pleco seems to do a little but he's still too small to do any good yet. I'll cut back on feeding and keep up with water changes every few days. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom