Strange Dwarf Gourami Behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mitchfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
My dwarf gourami is going up and down the glass in the front of the tank CONSTANTLY. I have had him for a week and a half now and he has not stopped except for eating. I have no idea whats going on.

26 gallon bowfront
8 bloodfin tetras
6 pristella tetras
1 dwarf gourami
0 Ammonia
0 nitrite
less than 10 nitrate

mitchfish said:
My dwarf gourami is going up and down the glass in the front of the tank CONSTANTLY. I have had him for a week and a half now and he has not stopped except for eating. I have no idea whats going on.

26 gallon bowfront
8 bloodfin tetras
6 pristella tetras
1 dwarf gourami
0 Ammonia
0 nitrite
less than 10 nitrate

It's nothing bad. I'm pretty sure it means he's bored. Mine used to do it a lot when he was new.

It's nothing bad. I'm pretty sure it means he's bored. Mine used to do it a lot when he was new.

Well its a pretty big tank with lots of plants and rocks/caves. So how long was it before yours eventually stopped?

Well its a pretty big tank with lots of plants and rocks/caves. So how long was it before yours eventually stopped?

They stopped when they got used to the tank a little more. I think its actually kinda cute. You shouldnt worry about it. Is he eating normally?

Mine did that for about a month, then he found out he could chase my Rams around for entertainment.

ya the only time he stops is to eat lol. So I guess I will give him some time, he seems ok otherwise

Back
Top Bottom