Strange goings on!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Baldrics slug

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

I am struggling to get my ammonia levels under control but slowly I think I have turned the corner by 50% water changes adding more bacteria (nutrafin cycle). Whether adding bacteria works I don't know the jury seems to be out on that one!

Anyway I lost one of my zebra danios. Lost literally! No signs of a body so I assumed that the other 2 zebras and 3 pear danios turned cannablistic.but then I found a very, very fine yellow 'dust' on the surface of the water. This is the same colour as the zebras.

Tonight my pump made strange noises and started pumping out more of the dust.

Although I can see know way possible. Can the pump chew up a fish.

Secondly, how can I remove this dust? I have tried a net and tissue paper but to no avail.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Yeah, the filter probably sucked him up :(

I would do a PWC and get as much of the fish out as you can, and then clean the filter out in old tank water, and see if that helps.

Sorry, about the loss, and I am not sure if the bacteria will help control ammonia but the water changes will. They are the best thing that you can do.

As far as the dust I am interested as well to know what it is. I wouldn't think the filter could eat your fish unless it was small enough to fit though the intake holes in the first place and if that is the case you may want to get some panty hose to wrap around it to spare your other fish.

Hope this is somewhat helpful :)

Back
Top Bottom