Strange homicides

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonestarbandit

Aquarium Advice Freak
Lost 2 med plecos. They looked beaten up and bleeding. But only thing capable of beating THEM up was the raph catfish? Strange that he should suddenly turn vicious? I never see him move!!!

Is there anything else in the tank? Raph cats are not dirurnal and feed on plants or sinking foods.

bettaowner said:
Is there anything else in the tank? Raph cats are not dirurnal and feed on plants or sinking foods.

Yes but nothing capable of doing this level of damage everything else was far to small. He's the only one their size. They weren't eaten just battered bruised and knocked about apparently.

butterfly_koi said:
What size tank is it? Is it possible they fought each other? Sometimes plecos can be aggressive with other bottom feeders in their territory

46 gallon. You a LEO? (your avatar had me thinking you were on the job)

Are the plecos active fish. I think they may have annoyed the raph. Bu small do you mean tetras and livebearers?

bettaowner said:
Are the plecos active fish. I think they may have annoyed the raph. Bu small do you mean tetras and livebearers?

Yes. That would be correct. I never impuned that the raph tried to eat them. Rather just must have battered them. I did not see it occur. The fact that the violence was confined to being directed tward only that species was odd.

Back
Top Bottom