Strange molly behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pipsqueakkk

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My pregnant Molly seems to be pointed her tail downward and laying next to the heater. Any time I go up to the tank she hides from me. I'm hoping this means she will give birth soon? But the tail bending worried me. Also can I let her have the fry in the community tank I don't want her to stress out in the net trap. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428430443.425986.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428430478.461058.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Is it in a brackish or freshwater tank? It doesn't appear to be quite ready. How long has it been pregnant?

Sent from peliper

I bought her at the pet store about 3 weeks ago so I don't know how long :( and she is in brackish water. I am starting to worry it's a health issue because my male molly seems to be doing the same thing now

Try adding a little more salt. Mine have that issue in my freshwater tank and it seemed to stop with a little salt added. Just be careful not to over do it

Sent from peliper

Okay I will thank you :) hoping that helps , the temp is at 78 , I might raise it a couple degrees to see if that makes any change aswell

As for pregnancy it'll look something like this once it's ready to drop fry ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428455447.259685.jpg the front one is pregnant the back one is a male

Sent from peliper

Well I did a small water change, and added some more salt to the tank, two of my female Mollies are just laying on the sand breathing heavily , after the water settles I'll be testing the water but I'm not sure why they are acting this way

Back
Top Bottom