Strange thing that happened to me tonight....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
Has anyone ever been slapped in the face by one of your fish? lol.....

Here's what happened. I was just feeding my eel bloodworms. I pour the melted cubes down a 1 3/4" tube which reaches the bottom of the tank. I do this so the bloodworms don't scatter all over the place. Usually my eel will go up the tube, and eat the bloodworms before they reach the bottom, lol. But today, the Albino Rainbow Shark, 4"+ decided to go up the tube, lol. And found he couldn't turn around, lol. So what did he do? He rocketed up the tube and smacked me in the middle of the face and landed on the floor, lol. Never expected that, lol.

eel

LWB, is that the same eel that bit you a while back?? Man, it is getting bad if you need Personal Protective Equipment to feed fish. Perhaps you can find some good 'lightly' used body armor on ebay. Or maybe a visit from the Fish Whisperer??

P.S. Glad you and the fish are okay, and no blood this time.

LMAO!

i have been slapped by my koi numerous times.

My female platy is a biter and when my hand is in the tank se will grab onto an arm hair and tug away, its the funniest thing!

Glad the fish is ok

Re: eel

JeffreyL said:
LWB, is that the same eel that bit you a while back?? Man, it is getting bad if you need Personal Protective Equipment to feed fish. Perhaps you can find some good 'lightly' used body armor on ebay. Or maybe a visit from the Fish Whisperer??

P.S. Glad you and the fish are okay, and no blood this time.

LOL, that's the eel I was feeding, lol.

Attention fish keepers, you need to order the following items before feeding your fish....
Safety Goggles at the bare minimum, preferably a full-face shield, lol....

what are you talking about I have a haz mat suit and 3 inch bullet proof glass cage liek the myth busters LOL ROTFL did ya save him LWB?

That's the funniest story, LWB! What are the odds of that happening? LOL

I hope you're both ok after that ordeal!

I wonder if the shark will shy away from the tube now!

The Albino Rainbow Shark is ok, but I'm a little stunned, LOL.....

First, getting bit by an eel, then getting slapped int he face by a shark, lol. Got to love this hobby, LOL....

:lach:
I've been nipped and I've been splashed, but I must say that none of my fish ever smacked me in the face!

That is absolutel hysterial. I got bit by my dad's oscar once while feeding him by hand, but nothing like getting slapped in the face. I also got nibbled by my molly yesterday but it was just cute. :)

Back
Top Bottom