Strangeness in a tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the DG was the cause of the tetras disappearing. Back when I has ghost shrimp he ate them and they were almost as big as the neons. As for my killies, they are already starting to nip at each other. I'm assuming they're both males.

Could I do endlers, chili rasboras and RCS?

Are you sure he killed the shrimp or did you see him eating a shrimp that had died? Soo many people see something eating a dead fish or invert and think whatever is eating it must've killed it when really its just scavenging.

Yes Endlers, Chili Rasboras, and RCS shrimp would be fine. You need to have a good wad of moss growing for the shrimplet's to hide in and be sure to put a sponge or nylon over the intake of your filter as chili's are so small they can get sucked right up. I use a black knee-hi woman's nylon cut off and rubberbanded around my intakes. I have 30 Chili's and some are barely 3/8" long.

Yes Endlers, Chili Rasboras, and RCS shrimp would be fine. You need to have a good wad of moss growing for the shrimplet's to hide in and be sure to put a sponge or nylon over the intake of your filter as chili's are so small they can get sucked right up. I use a black knee-hi woman's nylon cut off and rubberbanded around my intakes. I have 30 Chili's and some are barely 3/8" long.

I tried the stocking and hated it. But I found a mini sponge filter that is made to attach right on the end of the filter intake that I plan on getting for myself

I tried the stocking and hated it. But I found a mini sponge filter that is made to attach right on the end of the filter intake that I plan on getting for myself

On my 55g with the nano fish I use the nylon on the canister filter and sponge cover on the HOB. I also have a Koralia 240 in a nylon. I do have to change the nylon out on the canister intake about once a month.

Are you sure he killed the shrimp or did you see him eating a shrimp that had died? Soo many people see something eating a dead fish or invert and think whatever is eating it must've killed it when really its just scavenging.

Yes, I'm sure. At feeding time they would swim up to get food and the DG would eat them.

I'm starting a riccia carpet, so that should take care if the shrimp. I'd probably just get a sponge for the intake. Does anybody know a good place to get endlers and chili's?

For the QT, you can buy something like this:
11KI022TR.jpg

and pretend it's for keeping some school books.

That's a good idea. I've never really thought of that. Thanks. :)

And you can use a filter on it. You can put an airpump with an airstone if you don't use filter, to increase surface agitation, and increase the availables amount of oxygen in the water.

I have an aqueon quiet flow 10 on the 36 so I'll just use that.

The answer is probably no to this, but could I put the killies in with some yellow labs, peacocks, a zebra and auratus for now? It'd be the 36g.

Back
Top Bottom