Straw Siphon (I'm proud of myself :D)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was looking at some of my breeding pairs of bettas yesterday and realizing how filthy the little containers were and I knew if I stuck my normal siphon in there (which is a regular one with like a 2" diameter or something) it would've wrecked the bubblnest and/or made the eggs/babies fall out. So I had this CRAZY idea O___O ...I found a bendy straw and a piece of rubber tubing for my air pump, jammed the tube up the straw until it got stuck in the bendy part and I wanted to use it as a siphon..

Now... straws are long..this container is kinda small...I had a dilema... I took it and I put it in one of my bigger tanks to start it and then I put it into the small one and.....OMG IT WORKED!... I was so proud of myself and I got at least SOME of the gunk out before I had to stop so the water level didn't go down too far @___@

Yeah...I was really bored last night, had lots of energy, and didn't get much sleep ^^;

How big of a container are you keeping your bettas in? I use a regular siphon to clean my betta's tank and have no problem.

they're just like small containers for like organization purposes I had. I'm only keeping them in there for breeding and then I move them out. My teacher used them when we bred bettas at school but they have a really thin siphon to clean them out with and we didn't clean them out when they had eggs and that's what I have right now and then I gotta kick the male out

Back
Top Bottom