Stressed out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok yesterday water levels
Ammonia.50
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10
So I did a 50% pwc and decided to fast the next day hoping plants would help alittle.....

Next day (today) water levels
Ammonia.50
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10
Did 50% pwc levels now
Ammonia.50
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5
(no food today)

Anybody cause I'm baffled

I lost a neon 5 days ago and my snails tried eating it if there was part of him left in there would it do that to the ammonia

Worth a try anyways :D. You've done the ammo test enough, I ruled out that it was faulty testing in my suggestions lol. How old is your ammo liquid?

I know Prime will show ammo, but generally speaking I think it's closer to .25ppm.

No I have a 55g tank... My test is like 2 months old... I talked to a friend and he said to let it be for the day and let my bacteria try and kill it off cause its not deathly high what do u think

No I have a 55g tank... My test is like 2 months old... I talked to a friend and he said to let it be for the day and let my bacteria try and kill it off cause its not deathly high what do u think

Gotcha.

Even if the whole fish was in a 55g, it'd have little affect IMO. I consider any ammo over .25ppm (over 0ppm really) as detrimental to a fish since gills can get burned by it pretty easily. If you're ammo hasn't gone down already, I'd look for a different source causing the ammo spike.

My 37g didn't show any ammo spike from a dead danio. I found a small bit left during a routine PWC last week, so it's odd yours isn't dropping at all.

The only addition to my tank is a 48'' by 13'' java wall and no plants look rotten I dont know

The only addition to my tank is a 48'' by 13'' java wall and no plants look rotten I dont know

Oh right. I'm following that thread :popcorn:

What's the screen made of? Did you wash it really good (cups too) before assembling the moss wall and putting it in?

I'd suggest you use a bucket of tap water to put the wall in for 24hrs, then see where your tanks ammo is.

Yes I cleaned the crap out of it.... Well I guess the good thing is the fish are acting fine and are showing no signs of being affected by ammonia I think I'm going to fast again tomorrow on top of everything else

Others may not agree with this but it helped me with cycling. Next time when u do a PWC, vacuum the gravel. Yes, your gravel holds beneficial bacteria but your filter holds most of it. You might be over feeding your fish and there is probably a lot of decaying food in your gravel. So I would suggest lightly vacuuming your gravel and holding off feeding your fish for a day or two. This should help bring down your ammonia level.

Back
Top Bottom