Striped Peacock Eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nomadofthehills

Aquarium Advice Activist
He likes to curl around my filter intake ube and just chill. I know hes not getting stuck to it cause he swims down every know and then, or when fod comes. He also can swim right past it. He definatly does it delebritly. Anyone eles's do this?

The peacocks are definately known to do this. When I go to the lfs they are always wrapped around the sponge filters. LOL After a while he will adjust to the tank. What kind of a substrate do you have in the tank?

My fire eel, use to hang out round the heater and filter intake, when he was smaller. Now he is too big to do that, so he just hides in his log until the lights go out or if it is feeding time. So it is a pretty normal thing. LOL

They will drape themselves across and around just about anything, and love logs and caves too. Try giving them some small ghost shrimp to hunt too, they love it! Feed em frozen blood worms. Platies in the tank will also provide some live food to keep them entertained, the fry, that is.

Mine has never done that. At least that I have noticed anyway. From the second I put him in my tank he went right to the cave I have in there and only comes out when the light is off.

gouramiguy said:
Mine has never done that. At least that I have noticed anyway. From the second I put him in my tank he went right to the cave I have in there and only comes out when the light is off.

that's what happened with mine

Back
Top Bottom