stuid question... can i fully submerse my heater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr funktastic

Aquarium Advice Addict
i haveTHIS heater and i am not sure if i can fully submerse it in the water. i also have 2 other heaters that say submersible but does that mean i can put the temperature controll part under water? i feel like such a noob asking this lol. thanks

I'm pretty sure that's what the submersible part means, otherwise it would just be a heater. I've never actually done it (i like to be able to adjust it without getting my hand wet), but I know plenty of others have.

i have all my heaters fully submersed...Visi-therm stealth heaters and a hydor heater. Not sure if that helps you out any...:)

it helps me out lots. thanks. there is a line on the heater thats like a fill line so i kinda always wondered if i could put it all the way in. lol i am the only person who would ask if a submersible heater can be submersed lol.

Some heaters have lines that you have to have it submerged, atleast to that line. But you can put the whole thing in if you want. The line is most likely a minimum.

I remember seeing a post that for some reason many of the fully submersible heaters aren't allowed to actually say "fully submersible" when sold in Canada.

All the ones I've seen that aren't fully submersible have a max water line near the top that is clearly marked (not to be confused with the minimum water line at the top of the actual element).

Tostada said:
I remember seeing a post that for some reason many of the fully submersible heaters aren't allowed to actually say "fully submersible" when sold in Canada.

All the ones I've seen that aren't fully submersible have a max water line near the top that is clearly marked (not to be confused with the minimum water line at the top of the actual element).

here ya go:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=82927

lol ok that thread had me confused for a minute there then i saw the guys return email from hagen. that is very misleading. i am going to have to try it submerged to see what kind of a difference it makes.

lol soo much readign!!!! i think the candians are just a little worried about water and electricity still lol. i want to submerse it so i can hide it a little better. thanks everyone for clearing it up for me. :)

Back
Top Bottom