stumbling block on what to stock my cube tank with

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

murff68

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi folks, I've got an 18inch square 21inch high cube tank that's got some goldfish in it right now, I was wanting to go tropical with some small fish and also help with decor, I just can't seem to find the right rocks and stuff for it. If anyone has any advice on type's of small fish and decor It would be much appreciated.

ForumRunner_20120627_224903.jpg

Is that six Goldfish in there or an optical illusion?

Tropical fish and Goldfish don't mix. Their respective needs are very different.

Yes there is six goldys in there,the tank i think is about 110 litres, i have another tank I would put the goldfish in, I was wanting to make the cube tank for tropicals only.

As far as decor... I prefer the natural planted look. However you decide to decorate it is a good idea to have multiple hiding places and "zones" so the fish can set up territories and/or hide if they feel the need. Rocks, driftwood, fake or real plants all help fish feel more at home.

As far as live stock... What are you interested in keeping? It will help folks better answer tank mate questions then trying to figure out what you like.

I already have a tropical tank set up with some common tropicals, I do like those Malawi cichlids and I understand they must have a high ph to thrive but im thinking this tank might be to small to keep those fish ?.

Back
Top Bottom