Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-23-2018, 03:27 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Substrate and Sandpit for Pygmy Cory’s?

I recently bought some new gravel. However, once I added it to my tank I realized that my new substrate is WAY too big for my Pygmy Corys to sift through.

I do not want to remove the gravel so would it be better if I created a small sandpit as a place for them to scavenge for food? Or would they be fine eating off the large gravel?

(A size comparison of my Corys and the substrate)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6524.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	214.2 KB
ID:	309778

Old 07-23-2018, 09:20 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

They do prefer a soft substrate so if you could provide them some area with that I am sure they would appreciate it.

Old 08-11-2018, 12:47 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I have some albino corys and I recently sectioned off a portion of the tank and added some aquarium sand to it and my corys LOVE it. So if you are able to add some smaller substrate to your tank your corys will thank you and I think you'll enjoy watching them play in it.

Tags
ate, cory, corys, sand, substrate

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com