Substrate Calculation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cynic

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all,

Looking at resubstrating one of my tanks with Eco-Complete in order to assist with my plant growth.

The tank is 48" long x 15" wide and assuming I want a depth of 3" (Which seems to be the advised amount) the Substrate Calculator advises me I require a mere 120lb of EcoComplete :blink:

This seems a lot for a product that claims "You would need to buy 4 bags of ordinary gravel to equal the surface area of this one bag of substrate".

Can anyone confirm that I will need 120lb of EcoComplete?

Cheers in advance (y)

My tank is a 46gal. bow tank. It's 13" wide by 36" long; about 470 sq. inches and I used 80 lbs. total 3" deep. You have about 720 sq. inches, so the 120lbs appears right. I bought 100lbs to be safe and took one bag back to Petco for the refund.

My tank is a 46gal. bow tank. It's 13" wide by 36" long; about 470 sq. inches and I used 80 lbs. total 3" deep. You have about 720 sq. inches, so the 120lbs appears right. I bought 100lbs to be safe and took one bag back to Petco for the refund.

Thanks for the confirmation (y)

Now to find $300 :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom