Substrate change a possiblity?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Laziness.. I will get there

So I started my change out.

I decided to go with another form of pebbles.. I found some nice brown coloured ones. The size of them were smaller than the blue ones and I figured it would emilimate the issues with sand in the filter.

I removed half of the blue stones and gave it a good vacuum. Even with weekly pwc and vacuuming it's amazing how much junk was still down there... Ewww..

Made a great mess... Husband was not happy with me using my stock pots for holding the now removed rock :p

It has been about three weeks since the first half change and I plan on changing out the other half tomorrow... Now I have purchased a 5 gallon bucket to put the old rock in.

Had no issues with the paramiters which was awesome. So I expect no issues with the rest of the transfer.

Tank looks rather silly with blue rock on one side and brown rock on the other. Will post some pictures of the finish.

All done!!!

Here is it finally!!!

I am probably going to add some more stone at a later date, it is a little thin in some spots.

Also in the picture is my new slate cave. The BN Plecos love it.
If only they knew what a pain it was to build.

Enjoy and thanking everyone so much for the imput.

Attachments

• IMG_4229.jpg
    IMG_4229.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_4237.jpg
    IMG_4237.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 64
Back
Top Bottom